Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Chasing the Ending

Today I’m going to finish a manuscript. This is the one I’ve been saying I’m going to finish for weeks now. I’ve been chasing the ending and not finding it. You know when the grocery list blows out of your hand in the parking lot and you run after it but every time you think you’ve got it cornered the wind blows and it flies away again? I’m in that place where I’m going to pounce on it, and finally get it. If the wind stays calm.

Then comes the terrifying part: sending it to my agent. In addition to knowing the market so well, Laura Rennert has a Ph.D in English. This means every time I send her anything I cringe. (As does she.)

I promise you tomorrow’s blog will say: I’m done!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish you well, and hope the creative juices are pumping through your bloodstream at this moment. Good luck.
CAM

Anonymous said...

Though we've heard it before, I'll stay quiet and supportive. :) Go Christy! Was that convincing?

cdg

Tyler said...

I read on weather.com that the winds are supposed to remain calm through the rest of the day in Ashland, so you should be good.

PJ Hoover said...

Have fun! I'm sure she'll love it!

Little Ms J said...

Good luck! I'm sure you'll stomp on that little ending's rear end.

Katie Anderson said...

What a great image of the grocery list! Good luck. I hate that anxious feeling :-)

Amy said...

wow, good luck! i myself have dreamed of being published someday....
-amy