Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy Lunar New Year!

Today begins the Chinese year of 4706 - the Year of the Ox. Charge ahead! For a look at what's in store for you in this new lunar year, click here.

So I got some fun news to share today: I am now officially part of Authors Now, the largest collaboration of debut authors and illustrators for children’s/teen books. The Authors Now website is a great tool for librarians, educators, booksellers and parents who want to find out about forthcoming books, set up an author visit, or download supplemental resources such as teaching guides, quizzes, and other materials. It's a really great idea! In all honesty, it's only when I see my name on something like this that I really start to believe my book will actually be published.

Gung Hay Fat Choy everyone!

5 comments:

Shelli (srjohannes) said...

Authors Now - awesome! NOW you are a real AUTHOR :) Love the chinese horoscope. Im a dog.woof woof

Anna Claire said...

So exciting! Congratulations.

(I'm a dog, too.)

Barbara Slaton DRE#01855977 said...

I'm a rat...interesting as I've always hated rats and people who behave like rats. :(

This is going to be an auspicious year of embracing the right path -- difficult, but perfect in the end.

Gung Hay Fat Choy!

Carrie Harris said...

I'm an ox. Guess this means it'll be my year. Hear that, publishing people? HEAR THAT?

Congrats on Authors Now! Every day is one closer to your pub date. How cool is that?

Christy Raedeke said...

Carrie - you're an OX? That means a big huge steaming pile of publishing offers! Lucky lucky you. I'm a horse, not so lucky in the Ox year...