Tuesday, June 9, 2009

End of an Era

Today Hank spent his last day at University Preschool! Now, for the first time in six years, I have no children in preschool. Huzzahh!

We had a luau carnival thing and I signed up for the exploding volcano booth because really, who doesn’t like chemical reactions? I also souped it up with lots of red and orange food coloring because without it, baking soda and vinegar just looks like an oozing sore. Plus I let the kids scoop up big handfuls of pine needles and sticks to throw in the volcano so when the magma came rolling out it had some nice texture. I was shocked that no one had taken that booth until afterwards, when I stepped in from the outdoors and realized I smelled like I'd just pulled two shifts at the pickle factory.

Some snaps from the day...

Crowding the tattoo table.

Hank decided on a full-face Spiderman face tattoo. After a whole box of wipes, some of the red pigment still will not come off.

It gives him a bit of a drunken Irishman’s glow.

It really can't be called the last day of school until the parachute comes out.

Hank walks up to receive his memory book from his teachers.
His self portrait on the front is not that far off...

8 comments:

SF and Katie said...

Aawww... so cute! Love the self-portrait and I forgot about those fun parachute thingys.

See you soon!!!!!!!

Katie

Jennie Englund said...

Dominic and I loved waking up to Spider Hank!

Hee, hee: "the self portrait..."

Why are you not writing the Life Story of Hank Raedeke?

Anonymous said...

I would have LOVED the volcano booth! Did you get many takers there? Hank is too cute to be a Spiderman, but the "drunken Irishman" look must be great. It looks like a wonderful day for all.
CAM

Anonymous said...

last night, our youngest graduated from high school. This morning, for the first time since January of 1978, (31- 1/2 years) I have no responsibilities for getting someone out the door to school. Pretty cool.
Sarah

Kimberly Derting said...

Aww, he's so cute, Christy! Thanks for sharing your pics!!!

Hardygirl said...

What a fun preschool!

Love, love, love the self portrait. And I love a teacher who puts together a "memory book"--since I'm sadly deficient in the scrap-booking gene.

sf

Anonymous said...

Sigh! He looks so self confident and proud in that final picture. He's ready to go out and take over the world!

Janie

Crystal said...

You have an adorable son, Christy! And what a thoughtful teacher for putting together a memory book!