Friday, May 16, 2008

Hermit Weekend

You’d think I was going to Hawaii, considering how excited I am to go away this weekend. I’m just going to my Mom’s cabin, about an hour and a half away, but it means one thing: momentum will not be lost!

I hit page 100 in my manuscript yesterday. Okay, there are only two words on page 100, but still. I got there. I only have 17 days until kids are out of school and any dedicated writing time is gone, so I’m going to make the most of the next three weeks. In 48 hours away this weekend I hope to get 30-40 pages written; that’s about 7,000 – 9,000 words. It’s a push, but being without distraction will make it possible.

Once I’m near 150 pages, mass and velocity pick up and momentum cannot be stopped! (She says with hope.)

Thanks to the Moody's for the cabin, and thanks to my husband for taking over weekend kid duty.

No comments: