Saturday, June 28, 2008

Making lemonade - with a paper cut

For two days I have been forcing words from my fingers, absolutely forcing them. We’re only talking about thirtyish pages here, but it’s like squeezing juice from a shriveled old lemon with a paper cut on your hand—once something finally comes out you wince. I’m losing confidence, wondering if I can really pull this off. It’s not feeling promising, but still, I grind on. I have to. I made a pact with several other writers on the Editorial Ass blog and I must finish this by July 1. Writing these last three chapters has been the hardest part of the whole manuscript. So what am I doing blathering on in my blog? Got to get back to that desiccated lemon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

July 1?!? Yikes!! I say just get something that appears to be an ending, but may in fact need serious revision -- that seems easier than trying to actually write something GOOD.

Kelly Hudgins said...

Didja make it?

Watch some fireworks for me, okay?

Christy Raedeke said...

YES!!!!!!!! Made it. It will take about a week to put a bit more meat on the bones, but all chapters are written and in place.