Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Live in the Hunt!

You know when you come across an idea so amazing yet necessary that you wonder why no one had thought of it before? Author Kay Cassidy (The Cinderella Society) has done just that with The Great Scavenger Hunt Contest. Kay has devised a free game for libraries to run that encourages reading, promotes authors, and rewards librarians - a triple win! I think more than 600 libraries are now participating, along with scores of authors and thousands of kids.

I'm so proud to announce that this month Prophecy of Days is finally in the race! And to celebrate I'm donating an extra $50 certificate to the mix - so there will be an extra winner in December. Yay!


I really don't know how Kay has tome to write, promote her book, run the incredibly time-intensive Scavenger Hunt, and manage a family. Thanks for helping promote authors to libraries where we might not otherwise get acquired! My hat is off to you.

And librarians, be sure to check out The Great Scavenger Hunt Contest - it's a great way to engage kids and get them reading a real variety of books!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! It sounds like a great program for all involved.
CAM

Unknown said...

What a great program - I'll ask my library about it next week!

Kay doesn't sleep. She's not human. She must be part fairy. :)

Shelli (srjohannes) said...

just wanted you to know I miss you :)